Monday 9 April 2018

NANA MIZUKI LIVE GATE 2018 Day 2 at Nippon Budokan



Here's the first slightly shorter format report for Day 2 of LIVE GATE! It is amazing though how much it cut down the time I need to write so maybe it was a good trade off. If you are interested in a full length report, you can check out the one I wrote for Day 1:

(For report on LIVE GATE 2017 Day 1, go [here]!)
(For short format report on LIVE GATE 2017 Day 4, go [here]!)
(For short format report on LIVE GATE 2017 Day 5, go [here]!)
(For short format report on LIVE GATE 2017 Day 6, go [here]!)
(For short format report on Live Viewing of LIVE GATE 2017 Day 7, go [here]!)



Goods
Another leisurely day of queuing - we arrived once again in the afternoon just to basically buy the pin of the day. I really could get used to being this lazy... LIVE GATE is going to ruin my queuing drive, I am like 100% certain.


Inside Nippon Budoukan
Tonight we were on the second floor, facing the stage straight on. It was a nice contrast to yesterday's close seats as tonight we had a good overview of the whole stage setup. Another added bonus was that we were on the first row of a block so there were no people immediately in front of us. Aaww, yeah!


SET LIST:
01. Vitalization
02. Unchained World
03. Sacred Force
MC1
04. Poison Lily
05. WAKE UP THE SOULS
06. HOT BLOOD
Cherry Boys -showcase
07. RUSH&DASH!
MC2
08. Phantasm
09. Aoki Hikari no Hate -ULTIMATE MODE-
Team Yo-Da -showcase
10. GLORIA
11. GUILTY
MC3
12. Destiny's Prelude
13. Suiren
Into the Gate -insert video
14. Young Alive! feat. FLOW's Kohshi and Keigo
MC4
15. TESTAMENT
16. Rock Ride Riot
17. STARTING NOW!
18. DISCOTHEQUE
MC5
19. POWER GATE
Encore:
20. ETERNAL BLAZE
21. Kindan no Resistance
MC6
22. SUPER GENERATION


Outfit #1 - Biker Lady


01. Vitalization


02. Unchained World
Oh! I had kinda hoped that the rotation song would be Sacred Force and not ROMANCERS' NEO, but deep inside I knew it was gonna be the opposite just like this. I can't really complain though since I like Unchained World too and I have plenty of nights to hear both it and ROMANCERS' NEO I am sure. :3


03. Sacred Force


MC1
Welcome to LIVE GATE! Nana talks about how the stage is modeled after Golden Gate Bridge as that has GATE in the name. And since that gives an American image she follows that up with talking about the motorcycle, a real custom Harley Davidson. She had it painted blue because of Tsubasa from Symphogear. She called it Nana Davidson, as she already revealed last night. She says she actually bought the motorcycle for herself. Nana then strikes poses on the motorcycle while it is still rotating around joking about how models do that sort of thing.


04. Poison Lily


Outfit #1 - Revamped


05. WAKE UP THE SOULS

06. HOT BLOOD


Cherry Boys -showcase
So mostly same as yesterday. Kado-D plays some DISCOTHEQUE on the sax again. Tom-kun gave us a second helping of his crazy good Etsuraku Camellia on guitar and this time he remembers the name of the song! Yutapon surprised and played SUPER GENERATION on piano today instead of Ai no Hoshi. Tonight we had Obacchi instead of Cho-san, and he put on some oriental headgear and played around with a theremin. Kenny's amazing violin "playing" makes an appearance again.


Outfit #2 - Casual Checkers


07. RUSH&DASH!


MC2
Nana talks about RUSH&DASH this time and that she can still wear outfits like the one she is wearing now even at her age. Mawatte-calls ensued of course (curiously, the mawatte call moved to this outfit from the next one for all the nights after tonight). Obacchi joins her for mou ikkai, since he was a new addition for tonight. He is really excited about everything and smiling - so much that even Nana comments on it. Nana makes some remarks about the CheriBo cops intro movie and how of course Itaruvich was the boss in the intro video, as that is the sort of image she has of him. She also says that she spotted something just now, namely that Itaruvich has something with him from a live in Budoukan from long ago - LIVE FEVER. It's some grape related stuff in a can? Nana goes on to exclaim that holy shit is the best before date any good anymore. Itaruvich checks and its not pretty. He suggest Nana open it and she's like are you kidding it's gonna smell like death. You can see the item in question in this tweet from Itaruvich:



She also gets Itaruvich to do a pun and then of course everyone asks her to go for it too. Somehow hers always end with her on the floor.


08. Phantasm
I thought I would be more prepared for this tonight, but it still really managed to crawl into every nook and cranny of my being. Maybe next time I will be able to take it more easily?


09. Aoki Hikari no Hate -ULTIMATE MODE-
Oh! This was a fun surprise! I always greatly enjoy listening to songs like this that have really fast singing in them, since Nana handles it so well. It's insane!


Team Yo-Da -showcase
Nothing new really to add here, though I have to say that I don't think the English narration will get any less amazing no matter how many times I hear it. xD



Outfit #3 - Sexy Lace



10. GLORIA


11. GUILTY
Can't believe I got two night in a row of my GUILTY! I'm sure this is going to rotate so I wasn't expecting to enjoy it again so soon. Soooooo, I am going to enjoy this with my whole being every night I get the chance!!


MC3
Nana explains a bit more of how everything in this live is connected to GATES in some way. She was like "I really thought about this you know!". TheTeam Yo-Da intro movie was an audition as that word in Japanese is gate related... though now the exact word escapes me. CheriBos were police officers because Sakuradamon (where Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department is located), also cherry in Japanese is sakuranbo. Nana talks about how proud she is of her fit stomach, but is disappointed how it's not even visible with this outfit. The big screens randomly show her thighs and she's like ehh and mentions how her thighs were number 1 on some list in M no Sekai last year. Nana talks about the new Basilisk a bit and how she made new songs for it in similar fashion to WILD EYES and HIME MURASAKI. She says how she feels like a mom to Minase Inori and Hatanaka Tasuku. This season King Records only has Basilisk and Poputepipikku airing. She watched the first episode of Poputepipikku. She says "Isn't it a bit abunai series??" xD lol Mitsuya Yuji, who voices[Kamoshida], was involved with it and told her to watch it during one of their Persona 5 anime recording sessions. Then she goes on to say that the next song is for this movie that came out last year.


12. Destiny's Prelude

13. Suiren
I am really falling in love with Suiren hard. I can't even tell anymore why I wasn't so impressed at first when I saw the PV, because man this is so pretty. It is actually the song I am waiting for the most to be hearing every LIVE GATE right now.


Into the Gate -insert video
Tonight there were two auras for the guests that appeared by the gate.... who could they be?


Outfit #4 - Elegant Blue




14. Young Alive! feat. FLOW's Kohshi and Keigo
At first I thought that this was a weird song choice for a collaboration, but actually it fit Kohshi and Keigo really well. They were all really into it and it made me quite happy that Nana was having guests who put their all into her song and were having so much fun with her on stage. I admit I wasn't too excited about these collaborations yet yesterday, but they've been so good so far that I have started to get really excited about what the rest of LIVE GATE will bring with it. Who will be the last guest on Nana's birthday??


MC4
Nana talks about the guests of course. FLOW was there watching Nana's concert in Budokan 12 years ago (that would be LIVE MUSEUM then I suppose). They both perform at Anisama too, but mostly on different days. Nana says that she felt that FLOW has the image of cheering you on, so that's why she chose Young Alive! to sing with them. After they leave Nana recaps that the first concert she had Suga Shikao there and sang a smexy Ambivalence with him. She also mentions that all the people she is collaborating with for LIVE GATE are people she has never collaborated before during her concerts. She asks us to do the countdown in the next song for her!


15. TESTAMENT


16. Rock Ride Riot
Still can't believe this is a towel song..... sniff. :'< I will say this every night I think!


Outfit #4 - Revamped


17. STARTING NOW!


18. DISCOTHEQUE
Oh! So we were getting DISCOTHEQUE on this slot too. Is it like alternating Rosario+Vampire songs? Well, not that I mind. Don't think I will ever get tired of seeing this live since everyone on and off stage get so excited about it and it just really cheers you up no matter what.


MC5
Time for last song! Nana thanks us for the amazing churu paya. Of course the last song had to be this  because of the theme of the live.


19. POWER GATE
Tonight Nana continues with prolonging the end sing-along again, this time asking us to sing depending on what kind of phone we have. First off, people with a smartphone! Then people with a flip phone! And then something I didn't catch.


Encore call!
The second night was over so fast too, just like the first. I know that now I can still keep saying to myself it's okay because there are still more nights to come than are over but it'll change sooner than I realize I am sure...


Outfit #5 - Encore


20. ETERNAL BLAZE


21. Kindan no Resistance
Yesssss! Didn't think this would pop up since it's pretty different from yesterday's BRAVE PHOENIX, but I am definitely all for it! This song has really spoken to me since it was released, somehow my life is a constant resistance I guess... :'D


MC6
Shassu! Nana thanks everyone for listening to her baka radio show for 16 years and how Misato really feels like family nowadays, because of how long they've been doing baka things together.

She then goes on to say again how she had to end with this song since it is the first one she wrote and composed, that it opened many doors for her. She asks if we are ready and does a call for it in terms of age, "people in their 10s!", "their 20s!", "their 30s!", "their 40s!", "their 50s!" (she looks at the CheriBos here) and how it doesn't matter what generation we are.


22. SUPER GENERATION

No comments:

Post a Comment