Tuesday 24 March 2015

NANA MIZUKI LIVE THEATER 2015 -ACOUSTIC-, Night 1

Live Theater 2015 -Acoustic- Night 1, touch and goooo!
Soooo... I ended up being very late with this as usual. It's because since there isn't that much to do in Finland I have taken up playing FFXIV:ARR again.... which somehow tends to lure me into its grasp more easily when I get home tired from work than writing in my blog does. xD At least I should be done with these before the bluray/DVD gets released, even if Nana is releasing it surprisingly early (in June already, yay!). But anyways, let's get on with the report....



Goods
Well I had a fun little adventure with my friend (who came to keep me company even though she got her goods yesterday at the pre-sale already <3) regarding the goods queuing. Made the morning more interesting. xD Though the result of the queuing wasn't as pleasant as usual. Surprisingly many things were sold out by the time it was my turn, even though I had been there early like always. I wasn't able to get any of the pins.... orz Though, luckily enough I did manage to get the ones I wanted later! I also for the first time ever didn't get all the Nanaca from my shopping, but managed to get the one I was missing later as well. So in the end, no harm done!


Inside Saitama Super Arena
Had some more interesting adventures regarding tickets when entering SSA with my friend... I think trouble really likes to follow her around. We had thought that we'd be sitting in the stand tonight, but turns out that was my friend's ticket for tomorrow. Instead we were at the very back of the arena, close to the little stage at the back. It was nice to know that we would get to see Nana there pretty close up, even if for most of the concert she would be all the way on the other side of the arena.


The concert
Hajimarimasu! We get a video of Nana entering a church. It's all quiet and then she decides to la la la by herself. Lights shine from through the stained glass behind the altar lighting up the whole place and then.....


SET LIST:
01. Trinity Cross
02. Phantom Minds
MC1
03. Ray of Change
04. Take a Chance
05. ストロボシネマ
Wonderland video
06. パノラマ -Panorama-
07. 終末のラブソング
08. SCARLET KNIGHT
MC2
09. Necessary
10. 深愛 feat. Suara
The Bar video
11. 哀愁トワイライト
12. Maria&Joker
13. Crescent Child feat. Hoshi Soichiro
MC3
14. 大好きな君へ
Tap Dancer interlude
15. Orchestral Fantasia
MC4
16. Crystal Letter
17. BRIGHT STREAM
18. SUPER GENERATION
19. Song Communication
20. Blue
Encore:
21. 禁断のレジスタンス
MC5
22. エデン
23. Tear's Night


Outfit #1 - Simple White Dress
As a bonus, Snufkin Kennnyyyyyy xD



01. Trinity Cross
So the opening number is... Trinity Cross! At first I was kinda disappointed since it's not a very impactful song, but then I wasn't so disappointed anymore when my brain processed that Nana was singing it accompanied only by Tom-kun playing an organ. Whoa! It was already a profound glimpse into what tonight would have to offer, made me very excited!


02. Phantom Minds
For PHANTOM MINDS Tom-kun switched to a normal piano. The simplistic version was very pretty and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It made me wonder if tonight was all gonna be like this but I was in for many many surprises... :3


MC1
Welcome! Nana tells us that tonight will be a bit different from the usual, as for example you might have noticed that the Cherry Boys are not here on stage apart from Tom-kun on the piano. Though.... I think even he is gone now. xD Nana explains that since this is "live theater", she tried to make it a continuous story through the songs she picked and with inspirations gathered from stories all over the world - basically it is a one woman musical!  Now... let's embark on this musical journey together! >:3


03. Ray of Change
I was focusing too much on Kenny dressed as Snufkin from the Moomins (since Moomins are my country's thing), who was accompanying Nana on a gondola to the I guess Venice inspired stage on the left,  that it took me a while to realize what song this was and only when Nana sang the "can't live without you" part did my brain switch tracks and I got excited about Nana singing Ray of Change. There used to be a time back in like spring 2011 when I used to listen to this song constantly, so I am really happy I got to hear this special version of it. Made my heart flutter.



Outfit #1 - Revamped
Still nice and simple :3 


04. Take a Chance
I am not a fan of this song really, but the acoustic version was kind of fun and it does sound much better live than it does recorded due to Nana using her natural voice. This version was nicely chill-back and light hearted, fitting the atmosphere of the stage setting it was happening in. For some reason Pierrot from LIVE CIRCUS joined her for this section, maybe he was supposed to symbolize the traditional street performances you'd find in Italy and the likes, such as Commedia dell'Arte?  I mean, there is a character caricature called Pierrot there too, though it is a bit different from Nana's Pierrot.... Itaruvich also joined the party (I am talking like I am some rpg geek.... which is absolutely right).


05. ストロボシネマ
Ooooh yaaaay, Strobe Cinema! Hisashiburi!! I heard this song live during the first Nana concert I got to attend so hearing it again brought back a lot of happy memories. Not to mention the acoustic version was so niceee (I'm gonna keep saying that about every song tonight aren't I? xD). I really wish we'd get Lovely Fruit too though.


Wonderland video
So this time, instead of us getting a Cherry Boys showcase or the other usual stuff (while Nana is off changing her outfits and catching a breather), we get these short videos that depict the continuation of Nana's journey. Here we see her following Itaruvich (who btw is dressed as [this character]) just like Alice follows the rabbit to Wonderland. Nana indeed does end up in a very similar place with huge flowers with faces and all that. She also walks up a staircase that leads up into the air and then it turns upside down and she is on the ground again.... eventually making it to something that seems suspiciously similar to the Madhatter's tea party in Alice. Oh and one odd thing about this video - there seemed to be very many unnecessary close ups on her behind when she was bending over or climbing up the stairs and such. Whoever directed/shot this video must be a perv. >.> Not cool.



Outfit #2 - Madhatter
Leaving the pic of this one to the next Live Theater report. :p




06. パノラマ -Panorama-
Again another song that I haven't been a big fan of..... except now. Holy damn, this acoustic version with that awesome accordion is something else. When this song started up I was like "ooh it's Panorama" but then I started doubting myself because it sounded way more epic than Panorama usually does. After a while though I realized my initial assessment had been right and it indeed was Panorama. Man this really is what I love so much about going to Nana's lives; getting to discover old songs in a new way and falling in love.

Oh yeah and this song took place in a cool Wonderland inspired stage on the right with a melting clock prop hanging down and mushrooms on the stage and whatever else kinda wacky.


07. 終末のラブソング
Yeeeeesssssssss  I love this song! Even if Cross Ange as a series is a bit lolwut I have to admit that the songs Nana has made for it are great. I really love how Shuumatsu no Love Song succeeds in being a very emotionally gripping beautiful song regardless of being also of quite fast tempo. This kind of combination is not so common, or I should say that this kind of combination that actually manages to make your heart clench is not so common. Add the accordion for tonight's special version and nnngggh just too good.

During this song Nana took the gondola back to the main stage accompanied by mister accordion man.



Outfit #3 - Gorgeous Red Dress
Best part of tonight hands down, hnnnggggh that acapella  (>.<)



08. SCARLET KNIGHT
Oh. My. God. I am so speechless. Gospel SCARLET KNIGHT was frikkin incredible. I am so impressed by all the different ways Nana has taken advantage of the concept of "acoustic", she's been really creative. I got goosebumps all throughout this song, especially when Nana sang "貫いて". Wow. I so can't wait to hear this again tomorrow.


MC2
Nana talks about the acoustic aspect of LIVE THEATER this time. She talks about how it means it's all about bare things - instruments, her voice..... and so forth. So why not have a song using only voice? Thus this gospel version of SCARLET KINGHT was born. Nana tells us that the leader of the gospel choir is actually Itaruvich's wife, Elisa, who also happened to do the background ah ah -vocals in Eden.
She then moves on to talk about Cross Ange by mentioning she sang the new ED song, Shuumatsu no Love Song. This leads her to ask who here is watching the series. She talks about the newest ep (airing this same night) trying not to spoil the juicy stuff that is in store for us, but still dropping proper hint bombs. If you are watching Cross Ange, you probably know what ep this is. :p


09. Necessary
Usually I like Nana's slow emotional songs, but for some reason Necessary doesn't resonate within me like most of them and it is the song that I like the least from Nana's Cross Ange songs. I am not saying I don't like it, just like it less than I would have expected. Regardless of that, it was really nice to hear it tonight, I could see, hear and feel Nana putting so much emotion into it.


10. 深愛 feat. Suara
Shin'ai, of course we'd' be getting it tonight since Nana is doing something new (acoustic live)! Though it came as a surprise that it was a duet, with Suara! Ever since Ali Project mucked up ETERNAL BLAZE in Animelo, I feel a little bit anxious about "important" Nana songs done as duets, but Suara  did a very good job with Shin'ai.


The Bar video
Time for another video to continue Nana's story! This time we see her walking down a pebbled street in a tube dress. She stops at a door and we can hear music and merrymaking coming from inside. Nana hesitates to knock, she tries to gather the courage to do so but no go. She considers to leave. She peeps inside. Of course, she eventually ends up getting dragged inside and pushed to the microphone.

Somehow this reminds me Michael Jackson's Moonwalker movie. If I remember correctly there is a part where the kids are doing something very similar. Man, talking about something that was released in 1988 makes me feel kinda old.. xD



Outfit #4 - Tube Dress
Leaving the pic of this till next Live Theater entry as well. :p



11. 哀愁トワイライト
I had a feeling this song would go well with the acoustic theme and it was actually one of the songs I was most sure about popping up tonight, so I am happy to see I wasn't wrong. This really worked well with this arrangement of acoustic guitars and horn instruments and some percussion, that any normal rendition of this in later concerts will never reach the bar set by this performance. Worked so well with the stage setting too, I always somehow imagine songs like this and Thermidor having something to do with an oldie gangster movie bar. xD Don't ask me why exactly, I couldn't tell you.


12. Maria&Joker
Nana first takes a dart and throws it at the dart board near the door to the stage set and..... Horryyyyy shit!!  This song has been one of my favorites forever and I always regretted missing all the chances to hear it (LIVE DIAMOND and LIVE GRACE) and now... now it's here!! I am not sure why I am so surprised by this though honestly, this fits the stage setting so well too really but somehow I didn't make the possible connection before. Whoaaa, so good. This was definitely the perfect version of Maria&Joker, though the scene in LIVE DIAMOND will always remain one of my top Nana concerts moments from all her concerts.


13. Crescent Child feat. Hoshi Soichiro
Well this was definitely a song I wasn't expecting and it is also another duet! This time with Hoshi-san! Not sure how I felt about this duet, I like Crescent Child a lot but I don't think it was going too well for Hoshi-san. :3 I still enjoyed it though... even if Nana was mainly facing away from my seat.


MC3
For this MC, Hoshi-san was still on stage. Made me feel kinda bad for Suara since she didn't get to participate in an MC, she just came, sang and went. She mentions that she already started recruiting Hoshi-san at the Shining Festa. They talk about this and that, and then Hoshi-san grabs a rose from the side and hands it to Nana with a note. He then leaves. lolwut. xD
Without looking at the presents she got from Hoshi-san, Nana goes around to bug a couple of the musicians, Obacchi the percussionist and the foreigner playing a sax. Nana is very surprised he replied in very good Japanese as she was expecting English. Then finally Nana looks at the note and it says "大好きな君へ", yeah I wonder what song she is gonna sing next... :p


14. 大好きな君へ
Then the atmosphere did a whole turnaround with Daisuki na kimi he popping up. I guess a moment of calm was needed at this point. :p I can understand why after I saw what came next.... but yeah anyways, it was nice to hear a golden Nana oldie like this.


Tap Dance interlude
This time instead of a video, we get a group of tap dancers on the left stage (Venice) performing a very nice tap dancing routine. I thought that the purpose of this was just to be an interlude and not that it would have a continuation in form of...



Outfit #5 - Tap Dancer
Toooooo cuuuuuteeeeeee :3


15. Orchestral Fantasia
I was guessing this would come up at some point tonight as Orchestral Fantasia has really awesome guitars, but Nana had once again been way more creative than what I expected. Considering the amount of tap dancers there were and that she actually needs to be singing the song, it never crossed my mind that Nana would do it herself. But she did. It was so awesome. She and the tap dancers made the percussion for this song by their dancing. During the longer tap dancing bits she did she looked quite cute, with her über face of concentration and stiff pose; I greatly enjoyed it. And I just wonder, is there anything in this world that this woman can't do? I really wish I had the energy to learn so many new things like Nana seems to do every year.


MC4
So I tap danced, exclaims Nana. She had thought about what sort of new thing she could do that would fit with the acoustic theme and she decided to do tap dancing, and even to such a fast song as Orchestral Fantasia! She started practicing for it a loooooong time ago. She proceeds to talk about the theater theme again and how the story is of a girl meeting many people and that's why for the next songs everyone she met will be participating.



#Outfit 6 - Short Blue
Yep, due to a shortage of pics released from Live Theater, this will wait till the next entry too. :3



16. Crystal Letter
Considering the MC Nana just gave, this song is a very fitting choice as follow up. Even if usually when Nana talks about meeting many people she'll sing Innocent Starter. Not that I am complaining, Crystal Letter is very pretty. Considering my current confused feelings about my life, it really made my heart clench when Nana sang "普通の恋が嬉しかった…". Nana always knows what she should sing for me.


17. BRIGHT STREAM
Somehow I had completely forgotten about BRIGHT STREAM and definitely wasn't expecting to hear it tonight. I was more expecting ETERNAL BLAZE around this point, but perhaps BRIGHT STREAM fits tonight a bit more because it's not as intense. :3 


18. SUPER GENERATION
Makes sense that the first song Nana made completely by herself would make an appearance in this new kind of live. It was nice to finally get a chance to sing with Nana tonight as mainly our role has been that of spectators. 


19. Song Communication
Well this was a fun surprise! This wasn't one of the upbeat songs I was expecting, but I warmly welcome it. It is such a nice song to hear Nana sing and participate in. Now that I think about it, the laid back cheery feel of this song does fit tonight's mood better than something high tension like POWER GATE. xD I can't really remember if the usual concert strips were released during this song or later.... somehow my memory does have some holes a couple of months later lol.


20. Blue
Yeeeesssssssssss! I really really wanted to hear Blue - it's such a beautiful song that pulls on my heartstrings. It really makes me feel so many kinds of feels. It is one of the last songs Nana released before I left Japan and I guess partly to that it has left quite a huge impact on me. All the emotions Nana put into singing it tonight really got to me.


Encore call!
Nanaaaa, come baaaaack :3



Outfit #7- Encore
The usual, skirt and live shirt. Though I can't recall now which. 





21. 禁断のレジスタンス
Yeesssssssss Nana started this the same way as she did in Kouhaku, so epic! For this, Cherry Boys brought out their usual equipment and the ruling age of acoustic was officially over. Makes sense for two reasons 1) Kindan no Resistance has never been performed in her live in Japan yet and 2) in lives usually you'd get something special in encores like acoustic version of songs or something.... sooo, makes sense for it to be the opposite tonight. :p But man, I was waiting for this like all night. This is soooo nice live as I already mentioned in my Singapore report.


MC5
Shassuuuuu! It is the time of the year for smile-gang batsu game and we all know who will be doing it... Nana talks about how the Kindan no Resistance from Kouhaku Uta Gassen made a return. She continues talking about Kouhaku and how that song was used to introduce someone (talking about T.M.Revolution's entrance). After Kouhaku, Nana really wanted to sing that version in the acoustic live. Though for the song Cherry Boys used their electric instruments. Nana also announces a new single in April! Next up is a song that still hasn't been sang tonight...


22. エデン
When Nana mentioned that there was one song she hadn't sang tonight, I figured it had to be this or ETERNAL BLAZE. I am glad it was this one, since I really wanted to hear what it was like live. It sent shivers down my spine because of all the emotion Nana put into it. I really like this song - it's pretty different from Nana's other songs - and it really makes me sad at how carelessly it feels like the music video was made. Seeing Nana sing it live though made me feel a little bit better.


23. Tear's Night
And since it's winter, we will end with a winter song. Since Crystal Letter already happened, this was what I bet on coming up now. *pats myself on the back* man I really like the instrumental bit with the badass guitars and such. :3 This was definitely a nice end for such a magical night.



And that's all folks for this report. As per usual, I will promise to try to be faster with the report of the second night. Thanks for always bearing with me and my super tardiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment